Sex is play and celebration, often the glue that keeps a relationship together during difficult times. However, keeping that sexual spark alive in a marriage or a long-term relationship can be a challenge. But those who take the time to cultivate a loving and tender relationship will reap the reward of feeling more connected. These couples also tend to be more physically healthy! Take the quiz below to find out if you have a thriving sex life.
Answer True or False:
1. My partner and I communicate in an open and loving manner about most things that matter to us.
2. I am able to articulate my sexual needs to myself. I know what I like and what I don’t like.
3. I communicate those likes and dislikes to my partner. I don’t expect him or her to “just know” how to please me.
4. I share my sexual hopes, dreams, and aspirations in a loving manner with my partner.
5. I avoid making assumptions about what does and doesn’t turn on my partner. I ask for feedback and guidance.
6. Experimentation and play are key elements in my sexual relationship.
7. I have realistic expectations of my partner and I avoid being overly demanding.
8. I look forward to having sex with my partner and do not see it as a chore or obligation.
9. My partner and I make time for sex and don’t allow it to end up on the back burner.
10. My partner and I can say no to each other without either of us taking it personally.
If you marked true on most of the questions, your sex life is likely healthy and vibrant. If you marked “false” on most of the questions, don’t worry. Cultivating a loving sexual relationship with your partner is possible. Couples can take the first step towards a more satisfying sex life by improving their communication skills and making intimacy a top priority in their daily lives.
Learn more about Sex Therapy at Orenstein Solutions.